VA Loans in Sacramento and Roseville
As a veteran, active-duty service member, or eligible surviving spouse, did you know you may be able to buy a home in California with zero down?
The VA loan program through the Department of Veterans Affairs is available to qualifying homebuyers in Sacramento, Placer and El Dorado counties, and throughout the state of CA.
What is a VA Loan?
A VA mortgage is a benefit available to members of our nation’s military who have completed the minimum service requirement.
The Department of Veterans Affairs guarantees VA loans so that they are less risky for lenders and offer better benefits to homebuyers and homeowners.
Benefits of VA Loans in California
With a VA loan, you can…
- Move into a home in California now with no down payment.
- Avoid paying for private mortgage insurance (PMI).
- Qualify without perfect credit.
- Make affordable payments on your mortgage featuring competitive VA loan rates.
- Pay reasonable closing costs.
- Have the funding fee waived if you are an eligible disabled applicant.
- Buy, build, repair, upgrade, or refinance a home.
Are You Eligible for a Zero Down VA Loan in
You may qualify for a VA home loan in CA if…
- You are an active-duty or retired member of our nation’s military or you are an eligible surviving spouse.
- You served in any military branch or were an activated National Guard or Reserve member.
- You have fulfilled the minimum service requirement for your era of duty. As a general rule of thumb, 90 days of active-duty wartime service or 181 days of continuous activity-duty peacetime service fulfills this requirement for most candidates. But for some eras of duty, the requirements are different.
There are some common misconceptions about who qualifies for VA mortgages based on past events.
For example, it is a myth that you can only use your VA loan benefits once when you can use them an unlimited number of times.
It is also a misconception that your benefits expire. Your VA loan benefits are available for the rest of your lifetime.
Finally, it also is not true that a foreclosure or bankruptcy prevents you from applying for a VA mortgage. Once the waiting period is over, you are free to apply for a VA loan.
Apply Now for a California VA Loan
Cindy Steelman can make it easy to figure out whether you meet the minimum service requirement to qualify for a VA loan, and can walk you through the application process.
To apply now for a VA mortgage in Roseville, Sacramento, or anywhere in California, please call (916) 847-7263 to schedule your consultation. Let’s get you into a CA home with zero down.